Access to the site
In accessing this Shropshire Council website you agree not to:
- get or attempt to get unauthorised access, in any way, to the website or computer systems of our or any of our partners’ networks;
- access, change or spread internal data which you have accessed through our network;
- upload or distribute, in any way, material or files containing viruses, ‘trojan horses’, ‘worms’ or other harmful software;
Contributing information to the website
The website gives you the opportunity to add ‘Your Stories’ using information and material of your own or other public sources. Adding a story is easy to do and is the main purpose of the website. Shropshire Council (‘the Council’) shall have no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of any other websites which you may choose to link with.
If you do publish content on the website you must not:
- publish anything that violates the rights of any third party;
- publish something that you do not own the rights in (including copyright) (or do not have permission from the rights owner to publish). Once published on the website, the Council cannot control how other people may use that content; therefore it is important that you have permission to publish from the rights holder;
- include anything that could be considered offensive, inappropriate or defamatory (at the discretion of the Council);
- break the law, for example by saying something libelous, or by posting something which results in a criminal offence;
- share the personal information of living people without their permission. You’re responsible for managing content you create, including using privacy settings that are made available through the website. You may publish names and dates of birth of living people where this data comes from a legally permitted, publicly available source.
- impersonate another person;
- mine, collect or use any information from this website with the intent to harm, discredit, harass or prejudice any other person; or
- disrupt the flow of information or other data to and from the website or do anything which impacts the service or performance of the website.
Culture24 is the cultural data provider for the First World War Centenary Programme events calendar. Please note, if you are already a Centenary partner and have a Culture24 / IWM log in, you should use the Culture24 system instead: we will then automatically use your event. For all others, please use the form: we reserve the right not to publish events and will let you know why if we don’t.
How we use content created by users
You keep the copyright in any content that you create or publish on the website. However, by publishing it you are giving the Council and its group partners (which means the Council and partnerships or committees of ours that might exist in the future) a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, sub- licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use (including editing, adapting or modifying the same) your content for any purpose and on all media no known or hereinafter invented. You agree not to object to any subsequent use by Shropshire Council, or any use by relevant partners, of the material that you create or publish on the website and acknowledge that the Council may not accredit you as having produced the material. Some examples of how the Council may use content you generate are as follows:-
- to make it available on other websites owned or operated by Shropshire Council and those that it is in partnership with;
- to allow other users to download, print and save copies of your content for their private and non-commercial use;
- for promotional purposes, such as marketing and advertising;
- to make it available to internet search engines;
Shropshire Council will, where appropriate, identify your name with any ‘Stories’ you submit. If any of your personal information (for example, your name) is used in connection with any other content or publicity created, the County Council will seek your advance permission.